Makers of Top Notch Mac and iOS Apps
Your Mac, on a diet!
Squeeze Your Mac
Print Perfect Pictures
Know Your Photos
Drawing Made Fun
The Ultimate Photo App
- Xslimmer? What is it?
- How does it work?
- Isn't it dangerous to modify the binary data of applications?
- How much space will I save?
- How do I reduce the size of an application, then?
- Wouldn't it be better to just install applications already slimmed down?
- Is there a way to sort or take out non-slimmable apps from the list?
- How do I restore an application?
- An application is not working after being slimmed. How do I report it?
- Application X and tool Y perform other optimizations. Are they available in Xslimmer?
- What payment methods are available?
- When will I receive my license?
- What does the license give rights to?
- I have lost my license file. How do I recover it?
- I have the license, but Xslimmer does not recognize it
never be executed, although it is taking up space in your hard drive. Xslimmer analyzes the applications you have installed and removes the unnecessary code, leaving only the most suitable version for the computer you are using, and thus reducing the space taken up on your disk.
We recommend that you enable the backup option if you intend to reduce the size of an application that you will not be able to reinstall.
The size of Universal Binary code will probably grow in future months, as new architectures are introduced. 64-bit Intel microprocessors, for example, may require a third version of the code to be bundled inside Universal Binaries.
When Xslimmer starts, it will open a window like the one shown in the image to the right. Drag an application, a group of applications or a folder with applications in it and drop them onto Xslimmer. Xslimmer will open the applications list and show you application information, then, simply press the Slim button. That's it!
Press the "Clear" button in the toolbar of Xslimmer. All non-slimmable apps will be taken out of the list, including those just slimmed.
the contact form in order to request it to us. Please do provide an alternative email address apart from the one you used in Paypal, as sometimes email providers have too strong anti-spam measures and they do not allow for our emails to get through.
Promotional licenses, like those from MacAppADay, are normally locked to the version of Xslimmer that was available at the time of the promotion.
Based on the usage you give to the license you can install it in a different number of computers:
- Personal use: A license can be used on all computers owned by the license owner or where the license owner is the primary user.
- Professional use: A license is required for each user, even when the license owner owns all the computers.
License Recovery to recover it. Our automated system should send it right away. Should you not receive it in a few minutes, please contact us.
feedback form to contact us. Your bug is important to us and the information will help other users.